Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Waterfront Film Festival - We've Entered!!

Since last Saturday's concert and film screening, I must have had at least 20 people tell me that we should submit the film into festivals. The thought had crossed my mind as we were putting the final touches on the film, but I was too close to the project to really take it seriously. But after so much positive feedback I took the next step.

Today I officially entered Karma Generator for consideration into my favorite festival; the Waterfront Film Festival in Saugatuck, Michigan. This film festival has been gaining more and more notoriety every single year. Now in it's 10th year, it was recently voted in the Top 5 favorite film festivals in the WORLD by Screen Actors Guild Magazine. Waterfront is in good company, among the other 4 festivals listed is a little festival in France called Cannes as well as another up and coming festival called Sundance in Utah...wow!

It was a bit surreal dropping off the submission. For now I'm keeping my expectations low but I couldn't help but think how cool it would be if our little film project actually got into the festival!

No comments:

Sociofluid